trivago is the worldâ€™s largest and most successful online hotel search. On www.trivago.es travellers compare prices from hotel booking portals such as Atrapalo, Booking.com or Rumbo for over 500,000 hotels worldwide. With trivago, travellers always find the ideal hotel for the best rate â€“ trivago is google for hotels.
The trivago team in Dusseldorf, Germany, consists of over 100 employees from more than 20 countries. If you want to be part of a dynamic team and support the development of a unique company, trivago is the right place for you. Here at trivago your work is flexible and self-determined, you can develop your skills quickly and your success will be immediately tangible. You will gather valuable insights across various departments of the company, offering you cross-functional opportunities in the future.
trivago Spain launched 2007 and has since then developed into the companyâ€™s strongest market among its 24 country platforms. As â€śHead of Marketing and Salesâ€ť you will strongly contribute to the success of trivago Spain. The job includes expanding and optimizing our acquisition channels as well as establishing new commercial agreements that improve the experience of Spanish users when searching for hotels. The position is based in our head office in Dusseldorf, Germany.
Below are examples of the various areas you will find yourself working in:
- Channel Management: Identifying potential acquisition channels on the local market and marketing trend monitoring, optimizing the current paid channel portfolios with special focus on the local criteria â€“i.e. creatives-, analysis and monitoring and reporting the performance of the current acquisition channels and marketing KPIs (SEO, SEM TV, display, social media) and assigning budgets to the different channels.
- Sales & Account Management: Management of the current partner accounts, identification of new partners to be integrated in the price comparison, negotiation of new agreements or current commercials, monitoring and analysis of revenue, profitability and sales KPIs.
- Team Management: Leading and motivating a team of currently 5 employees and ongoing monitoring of the teamâ€™s performance; establishing personal KPIs and an incentive program that is focused on achieving set targets and objectives; managing the reporting of performance to the team; recruiting, training and integrating new team members when required.
- Market Intelligence: Observing local trends and analyzing competitive strategies; understanding and following industry trends and developments; establishing and maintaining close contact with the relevant market players; representing trivago at relevant industry events, including speaking engagements.
- You are a native Spanish speaker and fluent in English (further languages are a plus)
- You are able to work in Germany whilst frequently travelling to Spain
- You have a university degree or equivalent qualification in Marketing, Economics or Business Administration
- You are an e-Commerce or Marketing professional with at least 3 years of experience. A travel industry background would be desirable
- You have a proven track record of leading and motivating people as well as managing a portfolio of key accounts that generate several million euros worth of business per annum
- You enjoy complex commercial negotiations and are able to establish strong partnerships with your business partners
- You are a self-starter and dynamic individual who thrives in a start-up environment
- You are an analytical person and a proficient user of excel
- You seek constant learning and personal development
What we can offer:
- Flat hierarchies and short decision paths
- A pleasant working environment within a young and international team
- Experiences in an innovative, rapidly growing company
- Wide range of experiences through project- and teamwork
- Flexible working hours
- Attractive remuneration and career opportunities
- According to preferences e.g. fresh fruits, beer, sports, Yoga or parties
Please send your complete application documents (application letter, CV and copies of certificates relevant for the position) including your earliest start date in English per email to Lisa Kallenberg: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please write â€śApplication â€“ Head of Marketing & Sales Spainâ€ť in the subject line of your email.